[Tfug] Squid help?

Jude Nelson judecn at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 14:56:50 MST 2009

Hi Harry,

I'm running Debian 5.0.  My Python HTTP server listens on port 4000.  My
Squid daemon listens on 3128.  I thought Squid could access
/var/spool/squid3 for caching files?  All I need to do is get my application
to put a copy of the file somewhere for Squid to find.  I figured the
easiest way to do that would to have an HTTP server running on localhost,
and have the application use Squid as a proxy to the server so that a GET on
the file would go through Squid, causing a cache miss and causing Squid to
cache the file automatically.

Thanks,
Jude