[Tfug] Putting GRUB on non-first drive

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Fri Dec 4 20:53:50 MST 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:17:52PM -0500, Charles R. Kiss wrote:

>Hey John,
>
>Maybe you should try to LABEL= the filesystem instead of using the UUID
>
>Charles

Hi Charles,

Actually, I have labeled all of my filesystems at creation.  However, using
grub-install there does not appear to be a way of specifying the target by
label nor by UUID.  That just makes the error more annoying.

With grub-install, you can only specify the target by GRUB device name or
regular system device.

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.
Try Weasel Reader for PalmOS  --  http://weaselreader.org