[Tfug] Why would *anyone* leave a door open?

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 13:24:20 MST 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM, Matt Jacob<matt at mattjacob.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Jim March<1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> s/does/did/
>>
>> OK...what the hell does that mean?
>
> Substitute 'does' with 'did'. Not a vi user, eh? ;-)
>
> Matt

Ah.  Meaning he probably threw it in there now :).

Good news is, I deliberately used a passphrase that I've never actually used :).

I tend to use that sort of style though, and recommend it often.  It's
the best way to memorize a long passphrase.

You can also create "families" of passwords with it.  In other words,
both a longer and shorter version of the same concept.  Done right,
each has meaning only to you, so that if one is compromised the other
version isn't, or at least the search is only narrowed a little bit
but still basically impossible.

Example...if the long phrase is "iseedeadpeopleinabadmovie", the short
might be "ghostpoop".  To a human, one will remind you of the other,
but to a computer there's no link.

Jim