[Tfug] Netbooks and Linux - suggestions?

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 15:44:02 MST 2009

I'd like to add, for dell mini 10 and 10v (and probably a lot of these 10.1
inch netbooks):
The keyboard is almost full size, 92%, but the monitor could be bigger, left
a whole inch around the screen ( I guess you can fit a whole 11.6" there).
Mine take a whole minute to boot (autologin), I whould have preferred an SSD
hard drive (someone claim ubuntu would boot in 20s)

I would have preferred an Eee PC 8.9" with atom 270 and SSD Hard Drive, two
weeks ago was on ebay for 150$, (I couldn't find it anymore!!!)
that's really light and small to have around, or the Dell mini 9, but it's
not on the market anymore...

--
'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo