[Tfug] Organizational Systems?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Fri Aug 21 21:58:27 MST 2009

I'm not a librarian,
     But I recognize that these persons provide a valuable service now that
(especially) scientific disciplines are confronted with an ever
expanding welter of data.
There is something called meta data  that librarians are valued for. An
example of
this would be an index for a book.
     Another example would be a directory tree on a file system. In my own
case it is not unusual for a directory name to contain no files just because
of its value as a form of meta data.

                                                      Erich