[Tfug] FOSS robotics and programming education for children

Matthew Patenaude mnglfiddle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 23:59:17 MST 2009

Hey guys!

I have two young sons whom I would like to get started in some basic
electronic design, robotics and R/C, and programming. Any advice would be
appreciated as to programming languages that would be simple, for education.
Later I want to work them into Python and what-not, but maybe something
Basic-ish, for starters, and of course, I want to do it all in Linux and
open-source.

Any ideas on robotic control software and kits that are compatible with
Linux?

Thanks for any suggestions you can pass my way...
Matthew