[Tfug] Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" Alpha4 and the Intel video drivers...

Ray Reeves arizray at comcast.net
Mon Aug 17 22:29:53 MST 2009

I'm running Karmic on a desktop and it is real good. The box is a Gateway with unsophisticated on-board video so I had to delete compiz for it to work.

u 9.04 on my dell inspiron 1100 will not display, period. Intel 82845g video. I used wubi to install it inside win xp. I am going to try to get Karmic to run next. Might try a install instead of the wubi thing. I understand that the inspiron's video card has no cache and uses ram to mimic it. With only 512 on board I probably will have to upgrade to 1gb.

Karmic alpha 4 has run so far without any issues. ooorah!