[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sun Aug 2 02:08:33 MST 2009

Oh I agree completely. It's another titanically stupid business move
that people will probably look back on and shake their heads.... They
could have opened up the platform back in the early 2000's, but they
decided to keep tying their hardware to the OS. They missed their
opportunity to kick Microsoft clear off the map when Vista fell flat on
its face. They were making enough money on their iPhone to allow OS X to
be handed out like cookies, but they didn't. They missed a golden
opportunity to completely dominate the market overnight.

Jobs did alot of acid back in the 70's.  That's the only thing I can
think of that explains dropping the ball that badly.

Cheers,
Bowie