[Tfug] Alan Cox: "I've had enough"--what else is new?

Bowie J. Poag bpoag at comcast.net
Sat Aug 1 16:20:37 MST 2009

Jim March wrote:
> Hackintoshes violate the license on the COMPLETE OSx (with GUI). All
> Apple has to do is push an updated OS component that detects Apple's
> firmware.  The updater itself doesn't need to detect the Hackintosh
> while running.

(...bzzzt... try again...)
> You poor soul.  Read the article linked above.  That's the hammer held
> over your head.
>
> Sigh.

lol.. You must be new to the whole Hackintosh thing. Getting around that
hurdle is trivial. Hell, it's to the point where you can even -choose-
to use actual Apple firmware in the EFI or not. Most don't, since
there's no reason to, but you get the picture. The box is, for all
intents and purposes, a Mac, from the hardware level on up, firmware
included.

Read more, Jim. :)

Cheers,
Bowie