[Tfug] ubuntu dvd player trouble

charles wiggins cwiggins at flash.net
Sat Aug 1 15:38:09 MST 2009

hello my name is Charles Wiggins and am new to Linux . have been using ubuntu 8.10 with no problem upgraded to 9.4 also with no problem. have been using Totem movie player with no problems for many mounts. recently i did a suggested update via update mgr, and now the movie player doesn't work any mo
re.
after inserting the DVD the software screen comes but it does nothing further. when i mouse to the close button in upper rt. and left clck it tells me that movie player is not responding and i must force it to quit to do anything else. I went to apps>add/remove and removed then reinstalled the movie player. all to no avail. i have no idea what to try now any help would be appreciated thanks.
Charles Wiggins
      cwiggins at flash.net