[Tfug] Lenovo Laptops

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 29 10:30:35 MST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 05:59:38AM -0700, christopher floess wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu> wrote:
> > My roundabout point---Lenovo will provide the model type (e.g., mine
> > is 2373-DE5) in the listing.  Write that down and then search Lenovo's
> > site to make sure that you know the exact specs of the machine you're
> > looking at.
>

> hmmm, I don't remember having any issues with this. I was looking for
> a wide-screen laptop, and I feel like there was no issue in
> identifying which ones would meet the criterion. It has been about 6
> months though ~ Chris

I'm specifically talking about my experience in purchasing a
refurbished laptop via IBM's employee discount.  This may or may not
match your experience.  But the larger point stands--when purchasing
used computer equipment (really, when purchasing anything), it's pays
to double-check the specs via distinct sources.

Computer manufacturers are notorious for not providing complete
information on their equipment (or making it hard to find).  IBM was
always good about this and Lenovo has continued the tradition.  The
key, though, is identifying the Type id.

Claude