[Tfug] Hardware reliability

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 00:18:23 MST 2009

Hi,

I had to replace the cooler on the graphics processor in
a machine tonight -- which got me thinking...

Aside from fans (and one CD-RW), I can't recall any real
hardware failures in any of my machines (that's over the
course of 30 years -- and I tend to hold onto machines for
much longer than the average joe  :-/  )

I know there have been certain systemic failures in the
industry caused by bad *components* (e.g., bad Ecaps).
But, it seems like most of this stuff just keeps on
ticking (or, the bathtub is a lot wider than I had
imagined!)

Have other folks had similar experiences?  Have I just been
"lucky"?