[Tfug] Cable modem

Jeff Breadner jeff at breadner.ca
Wed Apr 15 07:49:18 MST 2009

arizray at comcast.net wrote:
> Thanks for the info. That was exactly the problem. Now that I am
> connected and not using the router and my speeds have jumped through
> the roof. I guess I now need a recommendation for a setup for two
> boxes using the one cable modem. The router I was using was wireless
> but I used it in the wired configuration. Appreciate any help.

My current router is a Linksys WRT110.  I have 20MBps service from Cox,
and speedtest.net routinely tests in the 15-20MBps range.  It should
handle your 8MBps connection no problem.

Unfortunately, you can't re-flash this router with Linux/*wrt, but if
all you're after is speed then this should suffice.

cheers
  Jeff