[Tfug] [OT] Microsoft Windows 7: Upgrade or just buy a pizza?

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 14 17:42:42 MST 2009

Someone paid the price.  Either through living cheap while attending college or some other way.

I had an econ prof. that said there are no free lunches - Someone paid for it.

These applications where not written in a vacuum.

I'm very happy that someone took the time to create PHP.  I'm also happy people have come together to create Linux, MySql, Apache.... ETC.

Great contributions that have created industries where there were none.

My point is someone still had to pay the rent.  And yes you make a good point about Linus and Larry Wall and many others who worked hard and created some cool stuff.

Still at some point one cannot continue to contribute for free.

Keith Smith