[Tfug] HVAC control systems?

Paul Steinbach MIS at samlevitz.com
Tue Apr 14 12:56:54 MST 2009

Sam Levitz has taken over a large warehouse (yes, it is Prince and I-10)
where some of the HVAC systems are controlled by an older Teletrol
Integrator 186 Communications Server.  This seems to be a common system
for large buildings to save energy.  Googling on this reveals that it
uses an open standard called BACNet for communication.  There even seems
to be some SourceForge work on BACNet.  Unfortunately Teletrol does not
seem to have a vendor in the area.

Does anyone on the list have experience with computer-controlled HVAC
using BACNet, particularly Teletrol?  Does anyone know of a vendor in
the area that can set up BACNet and Teletrol?  I would like to get this
working as a pilot to see if the cost justifies the savings.

--
Paul Steinbach
MIS Manager

E-mail: MIS at samlevitz.com