[Tfug] Guys, what's a good way to test video performance?

erich erich1 at copper.net
Mon Apr 6 11:06:09 MST 2009

OK,
         I also used to think that glxgears was phony when it bore bad
news. It's actually
quite process intensive. My machine:

i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 1.70GHz GenuineIntel

... glxgears is using ~98% cpu according to top.

It's just trying to be helpful "framerate" is a video frame such as
you get on a TV set with NTSC (soon to be ATSC) It's saying that
the refresh rate on your display doesn't sync with the framerate

      Take a look at glxinfo, and see what that says.

       Also look at glxgears -info &

Erich