[Tfug] OT: HDTV

johngalt1 johngalt1 at uswest.net
Thu Sep 25 21:45:28 MST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bexley Hall" <bexley401>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Tfug] OT: HDTV

>> johngalt1 wrote:
>> | So he bought a top end antenna, plus amp
>> | and rotator. But the guy lives south of Sabino Canyon
>> and
>> | Snyder on that hill. Whoops! No line of sight... Wasted
>> his
>> | money...
>>
>> Unless he *really* likes PBS. KUAT-DT comes from Tumamoc
>> Hill. PBS is the only broadcast television that I would
>> watch. :)
>
> We only watch McNeil-Lehrer [sic] and/or NBR.  Neither of
> which
> *warrant* a new HDTV.

Heh, Robert MacNeil left in 1995.

Those Nature shows on KUAS-DT in 1080i are awesome. For
comparison, put an SD or Analog TV with the same content
next to it. Big difference.

If you put blueneck Jim Lehrer News Hour and redneck Fox
News in a container, there would be an exothermic reaction
and violent explosion. The remaining matter would be salty
water...

Be sure to get an omni antenna. Most stations are on
Bigelow. As mentioned, HD pbs is on Tumamoc. The former
Catholic license KTTU (good for remastered StarTrek) is on
the Tucson Mountains. Channel 58 is on the Santa Ritas, but
I don't watch it.
antennaweb is geared toward antenna industry. It is OK but
tvfool blows it away. (Coverage maps)