[Tfug] OT: Bailout Bill

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Thu Sep 25 17:04:20 MST 2008

On Thu Sep 25, 2008 at 03:50:12PM -0700, Jude Nelson wrote:
> There is another complication:  If we don't do *something*,
> there is a risk that the bad loans will be bought up by foreign
> powers.

That may be true, but as I understand it China already has a
large interest in our mortgages. And there is speculation that
they notified Paulson, the Secretary of the Treasury, that if he
didn't get this under control they would pull out; causing an
even bigger problem. And that supposedly triggered the government
Freddie Mac under conservatorship.

Now, how about we get back to Linux.

--
Glen