[Tfug] OT: Bailout Bill

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:25:15 MST 2008

> We don't really know, and given the propensity for shading the truth (I'm
> trying to be polite) by the current administration it's hard to tell.
> Their approach is to propose a solution that is, from what I can tell,
> horrifically bad and then try to force it down our throats because the
> barbarians are at the gates.  Basically, the Bush plan is "give us $700
> billion with no oversight and trust us to do the right thing".  Yeah,
> right.

I thought it important to correct a fallacy here. All the president can do
is make a proposal, he can't allocate the funds himself. The people who will
give the money away. If it were as simple as one man, I could understand the
sentiment, but in this case the congress and senate are really the ones
pushing for this. Regardless of your politics, if those who were
specifically elected to be the check and balance are just as willing to pay
for robbery, you can't act like it is one person's issue.

Sorry, but while I am independent, and have my own feelings about the
president; I get tired of watching blame be thrown around with a seeming
lack of how the politico works. I can't count the number of times I have
heard someone blame the sitting president (rep, dem, doesn't matter) for
something that required congress/senate to approve; and worse put in the
provisions that weren't there originally and are what the person is
complaining about.