[Tfug] OT: Bailout Bill

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 10:05:05 MST 2008

It is a little premature to presume a Great Depression. There was more than
just the stock market that were factors for the great depression.

The biggest fact that needs to be brought out is that the ones we are
bailing out are not the majority of loans. Most loans are still in good
standing. So if a minority of loans requires almost a trillion to fix, what
is the value of the majority out there? Our economy has enough money flowing
on a daily basis to absorb this hit. We are an economic powerhouse.

On a side note, I do find it quite interesting that this is really about
responsibility. If we allow people to be irresponsible, it has an effect on
the rest of us. And we are seeing it now. It is just too bad that the
politicians seem convinced that they have to allow the irresponsibility
continue. Those of us who choose to be responsible for our lives will always
end up having to pay for those who, for whatever reason, choose to be
irresponsible.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell