[Tfug] OT: Bailout Bill

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:43:09 MST 2008

 Hey all,

   sorry for the OT, but I think the gravity of this situation offsets
the negatives of making this post here.

   In case you are not aware, congress is currently considering
emergency legislation for a supposed 'bailout' of 700 billion dollar
credit line to the US Treasury in order to provide 'liquidity' to
credit markets in the US and worldwide.  The situation is somewhat
complex, but what I want to explain here is how it relates to things
you may see every day as an Arizonan.  You have no doubt seen more
than one totally ridiculous and imprudent mortgage loan dispensed in
the area over the past few years.  You might have assumed that these
risky loans would be the problem of either the bank or the borrower.
The alarming aspect to these recent developments are that we as
Americans have learned that it is in fact *all of us* that are going
to pay for these bad loans.  Does that sound fair to you?  And it gets
better: when we fork up the 700 billion, houses will not even become
any more affordable.  If you are struggling you will continue to
struggle despite this unprecedented transfer of wealth to the
treasurer.  With 700 billion dollars we could build houses for the
entire country.  This bill amounts to nothing less than robbery.

   I truly hope that you consider calling your congressmen and
congresswomen and voice your opinion to this bill.  Your real voice
makes a difference.

   thanks all, and I really hope you call your representatives.  We as
a country have to stop complaining and get involved.  Im not really an
'activist', Im just a regular American who knows enough about this
situation to know how much of a tragedy it is.

  you can get the phone numbers here by typing in your ZIP code:
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/home/

  thanks, jmz

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." --Albert Einstein

 - http://www.joshuazeidner.com/