[Tfug] OT: HDTV

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 22:30:37 MST 2008

Hi, George,

> http://www.antennaweb.org
>
> Enter a close address and zip and it will tell you every
> station within
> range and recommendations for the gain of the antenna
> required.

I don't think reception is/will be a problem, here.
And, we watch so little of it!  I am more concerned with
buying a typical "disposable" piece of consumer kit
that bearly outlasts the warranty  :-/

> That said, I watch less than 3 hours a week anyway so my
> old 27 inch TV
> will probably last me another 20 years with the $40 DTV
> converter box.  ;-)

Yes, we've already ordered *one* converter -- despite having
more than one TV (since we only *watch* one TV at a time).
So, our "bets are hedged" in that regard...