[Tfug] [SPAM] World Oil Production figures up to the end of 2007

Marco Savo savomarco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 08:20:16 MST 2008

Mah no one here talk really about software. Then I want to say something
too:
- United States uses two times to to two times and a half, at parity of
population,  the amount of oil used from the other industrialized country:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/country/index.cfm
1 United States <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States> 1 20,588 3,273
2 China <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China> 7,274 1,157 3
Japan<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan>
2 5,222 830 4 Russia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia> 1 3,103 493 5
Germany <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany> 2 2,630 418 6
India<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India>
2 2,534 403 7 Canada <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada> 2,218 353 8
Brazil <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil> 2,183 347 9 South
Korea<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Korea>
2 2,157 343 10 Saudi Arabia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia> (
OPEC <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC>) 2,068 329 11
Mexico<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico>
1 2,030 323 12 France <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France> 2 1,972
314 13 United
Kingdom <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom> 1 1,816 289 14
Italy<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italy>
2 1,709 272 15 Iran <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran>
(OPEC<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OPEC>
) 1,627 259
Consider Italy, that has more car for inhabitant than the US. (Italy is 1/5
of US population, but use 1/12 of of oil used in the US).  The reason? The
huge cars used in the US, totally inefficient, with the engine of the same
size of a Ferrari but with the 10% of power. Some time ago, the US
government created a law for ban engines that use too much oil: the result
was, that instead of make some research for a better engine, the American
car company bypassed the law promoting SUV, that weren't restricted by the
same law, that's why they're now an American model.
All came from one era when the US was full of oil; but now only 33% of
American consumption is the American oil. And this reserve will end in 10
years. Means that the US will soon be totally dependent from oil import as
country like Italy or Japan, but without be as energetically efficient as
them. Good luck!

The oil era is anyway ended already, The main reserves of oil are now Arabia
Saudita, Iran and Iraq, where the US government thought properly to occupy
with the excuse of terrorism, but for have oil in the future. (You'll see,
the next will be Iran)
But there is main quantity of non conventional oil, that is practically not
oil, but can be. Need a lot of processing to extract, create a huge amount
of pollution for do it, but who care? Is still good for fill in your car.
And, there is oil from crop. Yes is an alternative! Brazil is practically
independent from oil! but this is the main responsible of the increases of
food prices, because is used for make oil and not for feed people. Then with
what you put in your car you can feed one family for one week...
But the increase of food price is also because more and more people eat meat
in the development world, (as China). Grow animals for food needs 20 times
the amount of crop that can be used for feed yourself, and that is another
field where the Americans has another record... but that's another history
(don't came answering what you can eat if you don't eat meat, go to ask to
the poor world that can't even afford to eat meat what they eat)

sorry for the interruption...

'The Magic Is In the Movement'

Marco Savo
SW Engineer