[Tfug] [SPAM] World Oil Production figures up to the end of 2007

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:28:31 MST 2008

REJECTED :-), that's why it's still a conspiracy.

When I was about 12-14 years old I was digging in some sand under the
edge of a bluff. After starting a small hole in the side of the bluff
I noticed the sand was starting to run out without me having to dig,
it was cool, but then I noticed that sand was starting to run out from
other areas of the bluff. Odd I thought, what caused that? I'd better
run. After the side of the bluff slid down, which I had enough time to
get out of the way and watch everything from a safe place, I was left
with a demonstrated sense of how small changes can cause systems to
cross thresholds of stability (but no words for it). These thresholds
or tipping events in stable systems are all around us, cheap oil is
over and there is likely a tipping threshold in the food supply as
well as other things I need, how do I get out of the way when the
house of cards oil props up slides down the hill.