[Tfug] Semi-off-topic...a good quote of mine made the AZ Star...

Matthew T. Eskes meskes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 01:16:41 MST 2008

Jim, reading the comment that Huckelberry had no intentions of firing Nelson
really enraged me. I have stated (not on list, of course) that he's needed
to go for years now. Honestly, I don't pity you for having to put up with
all the headaches that this election process is going to cause you. Perhaps
it's time that we consider pushing to have Huckelberry removed from office.
Maybe that's the only thing that will make him realize that his job is to
listen to what the people want instead of what *he* wants.

I feel that he's been in office for way too long and starting a long time
ago, has lost touch with the constituency; a sure sign of bad judgment. Then
again, Tucson has had a reputation of its' own which seems to mirror
Huckleberry's poor decisions of judgment. Either way, I see this year's
election as being surrounded by a gigantic black cloud of controversy. I
really hope you and your associates are getting prepared for all of the
allegations that are going to be flying come November.

Good luck and God's Speed, Jim.

Matt

-- The Founding Fathers struggled for the principle that man could and
should be trusted with his own destiny. Our current /domestic/ enemies,
against whom those Americans in uniform are sworn to defend, do not believe
in this principle, but we have again won a round in the endless fight
against them.

   -- Jeff Cooper on the assault weapons ban ending