[Tfug] Pranking potential with Compiz, VirtualBox and Windows...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:48:57 MST 2008

I assume y'all know that you can put WinXP or whatever up as one
"pane" of a Compiz cube, right?  And it's possible to have a two-pane
"cube" which is really a flat plane - basically two sides of a square
"plate" you can spin.

Well I've been testing Ubuntu Intrepid at Alpha 5 and it's not bad but
video performance is a bit hosed.  So is flash player in 64bit.  So
I've been running XP a lot in a virtual machine, and I had a really
sick thought.

What would happen if I set it all up with WinXP in fullscreen so that
everything looks "normal" to, say, a Best Buy onsite "geek" (using the
term REAL loosely) and complain about it acting "weird"?  And using a
wireless mouse of some sort, make it act pretty goddamn weird indeed.

Methinks there's some hiddencam comedy gold available...?

Jim