[Tfug] Cox and Port 25

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Mon Sep 8 17:02:29 MST 2008

> Can anyone confirm that Qwest doesn't block port 80 with the standard
> account?  I don't really like running my web server on 980, but I have
> to because of Cox.
>
> Jeff

I'm on the cheapo DSL ($29?) on the eastside of town.  I've got 80,
CVS, SSH, and VNC servers in my kitchen.  Probably ought to stick the
HTTP in a jail now that I've sent this info on a public forum.  I'm
also told they are the only major telecom not to have given out
private info when asked by W. in the wiretapping scandal, if you are
of the libertarian or ACLU slant.  I don't know if cable companies
were involved one way or the other, but my opinion of qwest definitely
went up some after that broke.

Steve