[Tfug] Checking for updated webpage

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Mon Sep 8 14:15:59 MST 2008

On Mon Sep 08, 2008 at 12:55:24PM -0700, Claude Rubinson wrote:
> I'm looking for an app that will monitor a specific webpage and
> inform me when it's been updated (the site doesn't provide a
> feed).  I found specto, but it wants to pull in the whole GNOME
> infrastructure.  For my purposes, a daily cronjob that runs
> wget and diffs the page might be the simplest way.  Any
> suggestions?

If you are using Firefox, there is an extension that might help.

SiteDelta

The second part of the description says:
"Furthermore SiteDelta can regularly check its known pages for
changes and inform you whenever one of them was updated."

I've not used it, so cannot comment on how well it works.

--
Glen