[Tfug] Looking for cheap LCD monitor

Jeffry Johnston tfug at kidsquid.com
Mon Sep 8 13:32:48 MST 2008

Speaking of embedded.. I just got a Timex Data Link USB watch and am
in nerd paradise.  I'd been looking for something like this for years
(wristwatch, battery life measured in years, assembly language
programmable).. I knew I'd have to put up with it being slow, not
having much RAM, storage, etc.  I guess I never searched for the right
thing, because even the USB version has been out for years.

Only thing the watch lacks is a keypad... it's much like programming
for an iPod (in fact it even has around the same number of buttons).
So I guess my iPodLinux programming and porting experience will come
in handy.  They actually did a great job on the programming/API
documentation... hundreds of pages.  It uses an Epson S1C88
microprocessor; I'd never heard of it before.

I'm afraid it's too small to put Linux on tho: 48k of storage, 2k of
ram :)  I've designed a small programming language for it, I hope I
can get it to fit!  Of course I'll also need to write an RPN
programmers calculator.

Jeff