[Tfug] cups printing woes

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Oct 28 19:48:08 MST 2008

I would look for a *message* file in one of your cups directories, check
permissions in /dev/*lpt*'s, and maybe try gimp-print driver -which even
though it seemed complicated, was needed to work for me at one time -but
that wasn't on BSD, either.

I remember in the cups interface I had to hit the "BROWSE" to point to
the .ppd file. I didn't print if I just clicked the "Model".

I don't know why it only prints web pages.  But gv and Ghoscript, I
remember were pretty important at one time. I would definitely install
gv...  anyway Good Luck!