[Tfug] 32-bit browser plugins on 64-bit OS (Rich

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Tue Oct 28 00:20:59 MST 2008

I use the chroot method:

https://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-howto.html#id292205

I create the schroot script, which I call /usr/local/bin/web and link it
to an Iceweasel icon on my Desktop panel.  Usually, I don't even know
that I'm in the chroot jail.   If I need to send a link via email; I
just Copy /Paste it.  The java, flash, (haven't tried the pdf reader
yet), work fine.

I have another Iceweasel icon on my Desktop panel, for the 64bit browser.

Actually:

http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Adobe-Reader-Download-1963.html

works great.  I could even fill out the W-4 .pdf from the browser.

charles