[Tfug] grep question [was find | grep]

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Fri Oct 24 05:46:26 MST 2008

The outputs were great!  Thank you so much!   I'm learning more about grep!

...ummm, now that all the terms/lines containing '@' are in one file
(which is fine in itself), is there any way I could extract the string
of characters containing the '@' symbol, but only print those characters
in the string between the '=' symbol and the ')' symbol???

and output that into a nice text file with commas in between?????

I suppose I can write my own script someday.

:|

Here's are two sample lines of output:

(145=lasalledre at aol.com)(146=lasalledre)(14D=438f81ad)(147=2f)(A1
(152=marc diMinno)(142=marcdiminno at hotmail.com)(153=43919ff2)(143=2e

which would be perfect to see like this:

lasalledre at aol.com,
marcdimminno at hotmail.com,

BTW, thanks with all the 64bit debian/chroot help, I've got flash and
java working in iceweasel... flash does still start to hang after a
while, but it seems a lot better than in the past.  I really owe you
guys some pizza!!