[Tfug] mirroring a linux server

doug1 at email.arizona.edu doug1 at email.arizona.edu
Thu Oct 16 10:05:07 MST 2008

Hi,
 I want to mirror a linux server onto a backup linux server they are on two
different subnets is their any native linux functions that I can use to perform
regular backups? Also there is another complication the new server uses Mysql
V5.0 and the old server uses a much earlier copy of Mysql I dont know how to
set up a master slave relationship between the two servers, so that the master
sends the bin files to the slave could someone walk me through it please?

thank you