[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Sat Oct 11 00:48:04 MST 2008

Jon schrieb:
> eric christian wrote:
>> Jon schrieb:

>>> There is a reason there is a ;) at the end of that. It's a joke and
>>> meant to be light hearted. Your posts are not.
>>>
>> Not quite sure i understand. All posts must be light hearted? That
>> Gates uses the money we pay for his eugenics surprised me and really
>> should be known, even if it somehow isn't lighthearted.
>>
>> This week he did a CNN interview, saying how his foundation improves
>> the  lives of the poor with his vaccines. Now, these poor are better
>> off because instead of 6 children, only 2 children survive. He said that.
>> Eric

> No one cares about lies you found on the Internet. It's not related to
> *nix at all. AT ALL. Seriously, at all. Out of respect for rest of the
> list members I will not be responding to this thread anymore.
>
> Thanks.

I deal with truth, not lies. The CNNi Gates interview was TV (ASTRA
SAT), of course. I myself have defended Gates in certain cases. In the
80s i landed many a job using MS Word to write applications. My first
home C compiler was MS (or, was it Borland? I know my C++ was Borland).
MS ASM (calls from C), MASM, Pascal etc were also running on my PC-AT. I
came to Unix also in the 80s on DG Eclipse maschines. So, i had no MS
grudge. I think i have even stood up for MS *on this list*! Remember
also, MS DOS, which won out over CP/M etc, was copied from Unix, that#s
why we have backslash etc, because Bell Labs would have taken them to
court! Backslash is such a hassle on non-US keyboards...

To properly evaluate Gates, it is not enough to understand how he was
indoctrinated by his father (as he himself describes in the Moyers
interview). One must apply the Peter Principle: promotion to the level
of incompetance. I just described (above) the 80s Gates: good
programming/office tools at home (remember the IBM 370 tools? punch
cards? The operators giving you your print outs? DEC Ken Olsen saying
"Unix is like a Russian truck"). Early 90s, tho, i was then sitting at
IBM work stations running Unix. I remember vividly Gates saying the
internet wasn't part of his, MS,  IT stategy. He'd lost it. In this
weeks CNNi interview he was asked about "the future of IT". His (only)
answer was "your home rooms will have computer screens as wallpaper" so
that "when granma comes, you can change the 'wall paper'". This is
childish. The Peter Principle, for example, a good local super market
manager is promoted to regional district manager where he has no
competance, can be applyied to Gates ie 80s Gates promoted to CEO of an
international corporation. No wunder, that he's been switched to his
foundation now.

cul
Eric

"I do not pretend that birth control is the only way in which population
can be kept from increasing. War has hitherto been disappointing in this
respect, but perhaps bacteriological war may prove more effective. There
are three ways of securing a society whose population is stable: birth
control, infanticide or really destructive wars which creates general
misery except for the powerful minority. These considerations prove that
a scientific world society cannot be stable unless there is a world
government with a monopoly of armed force."
-- Bertand Russell (Russell, one 13 Illuminati Bloodlines)