[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

Jon bigj at voipmogul.com
Thu Oct 9 21:50:53 MST 2008

eric christian wrote:

>>> It's not enough you are OT but you take an OT thread and go OT with
>>> it. Please stop with this. It truly will be the only warning.
>>>
>> This (OT) thread was about jobs (or lack there of). There is a lack
>> of jobs because there is an economic panic and real crisis because of
>> the derivatives scheme exploding in their faces as they bursted the
>> motgage  bubble. Or, is there no connection between jobs, economic
>> panic/crisis?
>> Is all just a bunch of billard balls with no connection at all?
>> Eric
>
> Jon,
>
> I'm also an old guy. I'm also a kinda busy guy. Right now a 3rd wood
> shed is main project, which is turning into a barn. Bowie was
> trickreich and posted with a CC:, showing, I suppose, that I'm not
> (really) a person on this list. So, busy as usual, i just did a Reply
> and my posts went to him. I'm sure he forwarded these dastardly (I'm
> just the messenger, please don't shoot) posts to you and others. Now,
> I've had problems with my emails going into a black hole. I assumed
> that this was my ISP. Now, I see there are other causes. All is not
> what it seems to be...
> Eric

Honestly Erich, myself nor anyone has touched any email flow to the list
if this is what you meant in your email.. The list has the capability of
being moderated as a whole or at an individual level and it has never
been touched. I also have not received any personal email from anyone on
the list or do I see messages being forwarded to the list from you or
anyone else. Then again I don't read every post to the list. Most but
not all so I may have missed something along the way.

Here's a few things rattling around in my head along with the marbles
and excess air. Your emails are *way* OT and resemble spam I get in my
inbox. I know that your emails bother many people on the list, yes me
included. Now that's not a reason to go moderating you or anyone else
and go kicking them off the list. I've let the list run unchecked for
many years and for good reason. People on the list usually have a way of
normalizing things and keeping it all in balance. This includes things
like list members being rude to others on the list, member's general
inability to follow common list etiquette, etc. Some how they work
themselves out. You however have not been swayed by any of the normal
pressures which keep a list "normal".

Some of these requests have been kind requests, others have been down
right abrasive and to the point - 'please stay on topic or at least
comprehensible if it's slightly OT'. I'd say most of the time you post
very random stuff that most people on the list can't even understand and
respond to without first soaking in a tub comprised of household
chemicals commonly used to make "bath tub meth".

We all want to hear what you have to say...about technology related
topics. We are all guilty from time-to-time of going OT, you just happen
to do it *every* time and it has an effect of making the list a little
edgy and sometimes chaotic. I think we all could do a better job of
staying on topic and we all need a little nudge from list members when
we get carried away, me included.

That's it for me. Back to your regularly scheduled programming :)

--
Jon
www.VoIPmogul.com