[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 21:13:29 MST 2008

It would seem every thing is burning down now, I consider myself very
lucky, I have a contract job to help a large corporation shift some of
its production to another part of the world. That means about 500
people will be out of work soon, and I also will have to look again. I
want the job to last as long as it can but am expecting the crushed
markets to cause the corporate players to change their plans, most
likely they will accept more risk and axe the group I work with.

There are some documentaries on YouTube about the stuff you have
listed so I'm going to link some of that

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3587FBAAFC96D235

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4EB4AE42F94A37AA

> 4. get rid of biofuels
> 5. get rid of eugenics
> 6. bring back heavy industry/manufacturing
> 7. bring back farming/food production
> 9. allow patents for new technology
> 3. get rid of GMO <??? Genetically Modified Organism /???>

It's clear some of these are mind attaching devices, it's more
effective to infect people with ideas if they agree with them. Salting
new ideas that would on their own be questioned into already tasty
soup is effective.

So now to OT this OT'ed OT.

What started the slide of the markets, the news seems to think it was
the housing bubble. Why did the housing bubble go as far as it did?
The economy is a large complex system, which unfortunately has more
positive feedback methods (greed may be king) than negative feedback.
Interestingly negative and positive are flipped in terms of good and
bad. That is its good to have negative feedback, it results in a
stable system. I think that the price of energy (oil) has played a
role in this as much if not more than the housing bubble thus adding
more positive feedback, possibly enough to reach one of those systems
tipping events. If that's true who can grow food, I bet none have
really looked into it much, and other than reading books I'm screwed.
I have a house in Tucson that is unlikely to sale, and live in a
Travel Trailer in Phoenix where I'm working.