[Tfug] OT A word of thanks

bpoag at comcast.net bpoag at comcast.net
Wed Oct 8 11:13:42 MST 2008

Ding ding ding.. Exactly.

Wan't a job? Prove it. Be persistant, but not aggrevating. Act like a fish nipping at the bait. It keeps your name fresh.

The company you're applying for is not in the business of helping you get a job elsewhere, nor are they interested in helping you get a job with their competitors. If the half a dozen or so people i've had the task of hiring over the years, I only sat down with one and explained to him why he wasn't going to get the job---And that was only because he was a kid, and so blatantly lied on his resume' that I wanted to shame him into being honest for his own sake.

(That kid in particular showed up to his interview in a business suit, but wearing dirty sneakers. He'd fail the butter knife test, even if he had the skills, which he lied about. Couldn't even write a simple Hello World, despite his "extensive knowledge of C++".)

Cheers,
Bowie

From: "Josh Miller" <joshnmiller at comcast.net>