[Tfug] simple way to get a spreadsheet onto a webpage

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Wed Oct 8 09:04:07 MST 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: [Tfug] simple way to get a spreadsheet onto a webpage
From: "Steve Franks" <stevefranks at ieee.org>
To: "Tucson Free Unix Group" <tfug at tfug.org>
Date: 10/07/2008 12:36 PM
> I don't want people downloading plugins, and I don't want to fool
> around with editing html, when what I want is a public spreadsheet
> (and I'd prefer no to do a google spreadsheet & share it).
>
> Is there a .ods or gnumeric scripter for apache?  That's kindof what
> I'm hoping for...
>
> Best,
> Steve

I am a little unsure of what you are asking for. Are you just wanting to
publish a spreadsheet so that others can see it or are you wanting a
spreadsheet that multiple people can access and update, as a spreadsheet?

If it is the first, I believe you can simply "Save as..." html into a
directory that is served up on your web server. If it is the latter, the
problem is more complex and Google-Docs may be your best solution.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.