[Tfug] help needed

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Sun Oct 5 10:15:11 MST 2008

On Sun Oct 05, 2008 at 04:09:45AM +0000, arizray at comcast.net wrote:
> Well I managed to get my Ubuntu machine in a state where it
> won't go into any sort of desktop. Ideally like for someone to
> visit my house and help me get it straightened out. I've
> exhausted help from forums and the like. I sure a whiz is out
> there that could help. If interested let me know what the fee
> would be.

I think most of us would like to try to help you troubleshoot via
email first. And to do that, we need to have more information.
Here is a good starting point:

- What version of Ubuntu are you running?
- Did you do anything before it quit working? (as already
  mentioned) This could include performing an Update, installing
  new software, removing software, changing hardware, etc. Even
  if you think it is unrelated, please mention it.
- What exactly do you see on the screen when you turn the
  computer on? Do you see any error messages? Does it look like
  the Desktop tries to start and flashes, but then fails and
  closes? etc. Please be as descriptive as possible and include
  any errors.

Once you have answered those, we may have more questions.

--
Glen