[Tfug] IBM service center

Claude Rubinson rubinson at u.arizona.edu
Thu Oct 2 14:23:40 MST 2008

----- Message from rubinson at u.arizona.edu ---------    Date: Thu,  2 Oct 2008
13:05:19 -0700    From: Claude Rubinson <rubinson at u.arizona.edu>Reply-To:
Tucson Free Unix Group <tfug at tfug.org> Subject: [Tfug] IBM service center
To: tfug at tfug.org

> Can anybody recommend an IBM service provider in town?  After years
> and years of
> faithful service, it seems that my Thinkpad's mainboard has finally bit the
> dust.

Quick followup: It appears that the only IBM authorized warranty repair
shop in
town is WJM Computer Solutions (on Thornydale near Orange Grove).  They charge
$75/hr with a 2 hour minimum for diagnosis.  A friend of my girlfriend works
for IBM and gets an employee discount.  So I just went with buying a
refurbished (and warrantied) T42 for $340.

See y'all tonight!

Claude