[Tfug] Gates father a eugenicist

eric christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Wed Oct 1 12:08:28 MST 2008

Jeffry Johnston schrieb:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:10 AM, eric christian <ericdanc at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> Why don't *you* prove that
>>  the five-digit IBM Hollerith number in Auschwitz 44673 never existed.
>
> In The United States of America, the burden of proof is that the
> accuser prove the claim is true, not that the defender prove it is not
> true.  Innocent until proven guilty:

Heck, one way to prove all this would be just to call the Hollerith
office in Auschwitz, but this office isn`t there anymore. Anyway, here`s
  the page for "H" out of the Auschwitz telephone book:

  H                        - 50 -

+4152             Hochdruck II
+4259              Meisterzimmer  (Kolditz)

  4496             Hollerith-Buero: Hirsch, Nusch

                   Holzwerkstaettenbetriebe:
  4489               Basker
  4489               Schreinerei: Mstr. Seeliger, Pfeffer
  4441               Glaserei: Werner, Mueller
  4589               Zimmereibetrieb: Wittig, Koeler

                   Hydrot-Fabrik
+4367               Betrieb
+4172               Labor
+4567               Meisterzimmer

One could've just called 4496 and talked to Herrn Hirsch or Nusch.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof
>
> So, it is not up to us to prove that "the five-digit IBM Hollerith
> number in Auschwitz 44673 never existed" (not that anyone cares), it
> is for you to prove that it did.  Of course this is extremely off
> topic, so let's not ;)

No, this was in the context of the post on Gates which is bulls eye on
topic. I think some people care, because 44673 was not only an IBM
Hollerith number, but a tatoo on a person in Auschwitz.

> Oh, and please read these articles.  I think you'll find them very
> helpful in your search for truth:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formal_fallacy
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Informal_fallacy
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Ok, i'll check them out.
> Jeff
>
> p.s. Full disclosure, since IBM came up... I am employed by IBM, but
> I'm speaking only for myself and not on behalf of IBM.

Well, i dunno. Look at a foto of T. Watson with Hitler:
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/0,1518,117132,00.html

"Für Watson war dieser 28. Juni 1937 ein großer Tag. Nachmittags hatte
ihn Adolf Hitler in der Reichskanzlei empfangen, abends mit dem
"Verdienstkreuz vom Deutschen Adler" auszeichnen lassen."

Watson's big day. Ol'Adolf awarded your Big Boss with the Honor Cross of
the German Eagle. This reminds me, i used to sort of work with Data
General. The highest honor was to come to the Big Boss of Data General.
There you were vested with a red beanie and granted audience with the
Big Boss.
Eric