[Tfug] Windows / domain controller question, sorry.

Chris Hill ubergeek at ubergeek.tv
Sun Nov 30 17:05:28 MST 2008

Hey guys,

I figured people here may have an answer to this, since some of you have
set up Samba domain controllers or something.  Basically I want to gain
admin access to three windows machines, so that I can install some
software on them. My initial thought was that I could just livecd boot
these puppies, copy over the executable and then reboot to windows. I
have a good feeling this won't work, tho, since this executable adds
extensions to windows explorer (tortoiseSVN).

The three machines are locked down by a domain controller. I don't know
much about machines running a domain controller. Would it be possible to
take it off the network and somehow gain access to the boxen? I have
physical access to all three machines.

I don't want to go into details but basically I'm trying to help a high
school publications class navigate around some frustrating limitations
of their internal network.

Thanks!
Chris Hill