[Tfug] Report: first 1/2 hour with Fedora 10-64bit

euvitudo euvitudo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 00:41:03 MST 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Because
> the max virtual supported with the Intel 965 chip as 2048x2048, I have
> to set the screens up to stack vertically.

I have a 965 with a virtual screen of 3200x1200 (two screens, one 1920w
and the other 1280w).  That does indeed work.

However, in my experience (and also what I read), compiz won't work
when the size if greater than 2048.

This was helpful:

  http://intellinuxgraphics.org/dualhead.html

It talks about a known DRI issue for chips that are pre-965, that limits the
virtual screen to 2048.

DRI works for me in some cases, but there are serious issues when
using it with, e.g., google earth or any of the planetarium programs.
My guess is that this is due to the bug; I haven't tested it extensively,
however, as I hardly need 3D on this system (a work laptop).

Cheers,

Phil