[Tfug] Postfix sender_dependent_relayhost_maps

Glen Pfeiffer glen at thepfeiffers.net
Fri Nov 21 18:00:28 MST 2008

On Fri Nov 21, 2008 at 01:49:50PM -0700, Brian Murphy wrote:
> Glen Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Do any of you have any examples or resources to help me
> > configure postfix to relay to different hosts depending on
> > the sender?
> >
> > I have figured out that there are two config settings I need
> > to change: sender_dependent_relayhost_maps and
> > smtp_sender_dependent_authentication.
>
> Hi Glen.  It was good seeing you last night at Claude's house.

Hi Brian. I'm glad you were able to go. It's always nice to have
someone around who's been on the list since the beginning. I like
learning about the history of the list.

I checked out the Murphy colorscheme in vim, and it's actually
better than I remembered it. I've been using moria [1] in gvim
and xoria256 [2] in vim.

> I found your postfix question about sender dependent relaying
> in the TFUG archives.  You are right, the postfix docs are
> short on this!

Whew! I was worried that I might have missed something obvious.
I'll implement this over the weekend and post back here how it
all turns out.

> The syntax for the relayhost map is:
>
> user1 at mydomain.com  [smtp1.example.com]
> user2 at mydomain.com  [smtp2.example.com]
> @mydomain2.com      [smtp3.example.com]:587

[snip]

> Syntax for /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd:
>
> user1 at mydomain.com        user1 at mydomain.com:password1
> user2 at mydomain.com        user2 at mydomain.com:password2

So the first line in this one specifies that the given username
and password will be used for smtp1.example.com because that is
domain specified in the relayhost map, right?

*Thanks* again, *that* was *very* *helpful*. ;-)

--
Glen

[1] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1464
[2] http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2140