[Tfug] 2 weeks of Hackintosh fun..

Jim Secan jim at nwra.com
Sun Nov 9 10:34:17 MST 2008

OK, now you're starting to show a bit of froth about the mouth.  I am not
looking for a fancy glitzy desktop, I am looking for one that works and I
don't have to fiddle with all the time.  OS X does that for me.  The point
here is NOT that I paid for my desktop OS, but that I gave up on the free
Linux desktop because it has not met my needs and probably won't (without
more time than I have to spend on it) in the near future.

On Linux, I spend 99.999% of my time on the command line in a terminal
window anyway, or I don't have a desktop even running.  With OS X as my
desktop, I can stop worrying about what WM to use and focus on my real
job.  If I were a computer hobbyist, I'd probably feel different.  I
expect I will always spend more time "in" Linux than "in" OS X, but not
for desktop apps.

Jim