[Tfug] {Disarmed} Re: Tracking down a miscreant

John Gruenenfelder johng at as.arizona.edu
Sat May 31 17:24:56 MST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 05:05:17PM -0700, Ronald Sutherland wrote:
>can you send to root at 206.169.90.30
>I've never tryed to e-mail an ip address so not sure?

Neither have I.  I guess I should give it a shot.  I know IPs work in most
contexts... maybe with SMTP, too?

>and:
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.nu
>http://www.gov.nu/
>hmmm... New Zealand speaks English, right?

merseine.nu is the domain I chose for my hostname many years ago.  It's one of
the shared domains from dyndns.org (DNS Services, Inc. now, I believe).

In the long long ago, when they were a tiny outfit, I donated $20 because I
liked the service.  When they became a commercial entity I was given a
permanent account upgrade for having been nice enough to donate.  Probably the
best $20 I've ever spent on the Internet.  :)

--
--John Gruenenfelder    Research Assistant, UMass Amherst student
                        Systems Manager, MKS Imaging Technology, LLC.