[Tfug] OT: Big Oil? Windows Vista!

Charles R. Kiss charles at kissbrothers.com
Fri May 23 19:31:45 MST 2008

> nine plants producing about 600,000kWhr each day
What are these plants doing each night?

Little known fact: Because there are nights, bad weather, etc. one
essentially needs the necessary infrastructure for double the energy
capacity for reliable on-demand output.. you just can't shut things down
on cloudy days.  Don't you think some greedy solar-energy
investors/shareholders are eventually going to expect handsome pay for
that infrastructure -not unlike today's big-energy CEO's?  -especially
if their gallantly protecting the planet for little ol' us.

I guess if you don't mind paying double or triple for your energy, you
could enjoy the luxury of wind and solar plants.  That's why their
subsidized-just wait till these subsidies disappear and we really get
screwed.

Charles