[Tfug] lib problem

Eric Christian ericdanc at alice-dsl.net
Fri May 23 03:17:57 MST 2008

when I try to install firefox or TB in debian 4 (gcc-4.1.2 and
libstdc++.so.6) with ./firefox-installer or ./mozilla-installer-bin:

           error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot
open shared object file: no such file or directory.

Indeed there's no such lib or link. I see in google that this  is a
problem for many others, but all the "solutions" such
as apt-get stuff or ln this to that don't help. Many such "solutions"
are quite malicious, such as

        ln libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/gcc/i486-linux-gnu/4.1.2/cc1 >:o
what to do? BTW, i switched to nondigest mode here. Eric