[Tfug] Watcom 11.0c C++

Bexley Hall bexley401 at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 18:44:27 MST 2008

Hi,

I'm rebuilding my W2K machine (sung to the tune
"Ding dong, the witch is dead"...).  Looking
through my installation notes, I see I had
Watcom's C++ v11.0c installed previously.

But, IIRC, this was just an "upgrade" and not
a "full" release (i.e., various components
not included).  I can only find one reference
to *using* it in my project notes -- and I am
not even sure of what *that* involved!  :<

For the past several years, I've been stuck in
GCC/GDB so my recollection of windows-based
tools is pretty hazy   (Ye Olde Age)

Since I'd prefer not installing something that
I am not likely to REuse, I'm looking for
confirmation of just what this actually *was*
(in case anyone out there has/does use it).

If push comes to shove, I guess I would rather
reinstall it when/if the need arises than risk
cluttering up my system with yet another piece
of software that needs to be maintained...

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!
--don