[Tfug] used but reliable 450+-watt power supply urgently needed

Ronald Sutherland ronald.sutherland at gmail.com
Mon May 19 17:05:14 MST 2008

A lot of the smell from new electronics is from the cleaners used to remove
the soldering flux from the boards. But it is also true that plastics,
rubbers, and most organic (carbon) polymers are in a constant state of
breaking down (oxidation and reduction). I think its just the cleaning
solvents that you stop smelling as electronics age. If you have to get a new
power supply, let it bask in the sun for a few days, its about the right
time of year.